Georgia, North Macedonia, and Ukraine will be the first rivals of the National Team on its way to the 2023 World Cup. In the group draw of the first qualifying round, held this Tuesday at the FIBA ??headquarters in Mies (Switzerland ), Spain has been framed in group G, whose first three classified will join, in the second phase, those of group H in which Russia, the Netherlands, Iceland and Italy will be.
The first Window, in which each team will play two games, will be held at the end of next November, and this first phase will be completed in February-March and June-July 2022. The 24 teams classified – the first three of each group- will start the second phase in the Window from August 22 to 30, 2022, practically on the Eurobasket, which will begin on September 1. In this second phase, the qualifiers of group G in which Spain will play will face the qualifiers of group H, in which the teams of Russia, the Netherlands, Iceland and Italy have been framed.
For the second phase, the results obtained in the 6 matches of the first phase will be carried forward.
THE EUROPEAN GROUPS (FIRST PHASE)
- A: Serbia, Slovakia, Belgium, and Latvia
- B: Belarus, Great Britain, Greece and Turkey
- C: Croatia, Sweden, Finland and Slovenia
- D: Israel, Germany, Estonia and Poland
- E: France, Portugal, Hungary and Montenegro
- F: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Lithuania, Bulgaria and the Czech Republic
- G: Spain, North Macedonia, Georgia and Ukraine
- H: Russia, the Netherlands, Iceland and Italy
First phase (32 teams)
- 2021,22-30 November
- 2022, February 21-March 1
- 2022, June 27-July 5
Second phase (24 teams)
- 2022, August 22-30
- 2022, 7-15 November
- 2023, February 20-28