Postponed: Acunsa Gipuzkoa resurfaces to stop the leader Covirán Granada in his fiefdom
Covirán Granada had taken an important step forward in their visit to the WiZink Center last Sunday, but the defeat suffered this Wednesday in their postponed duel against Acunsa Gipuzkoa will allow the people of Madrid to be able to hunt down the leader with the dispute of their next postponed match. For its part, UEMC Real Valladolid was able to prolong its good moment with a victory in Alicante with which to take a step forward in its aspirations.
In the main match of the night, Acunsa Gipuzkoa has resurfaced in a big way to prevail in one of the most complicated stages of the ca category, the court of a Covirán Granada that momentarily gave up part of the ground gained at the Wizink Center against the biggest success of his rival in the key moments of the game.
Covirán Granada returned to the warmth of home with the possibility of increasing the differences at the top of the table, but their desires dissolved in the final stretch of a match in which their rival’s success was greater. Because Acunsa Gipuzkoa had arrived at the Palacio de los Deportes ready to reverse their luck through a match that, however, was their rival who was able to assume the first rents. A 12-2 run that seemed to anticipate a placid night for Pablo Pin’s men and that ended up becoming a one-off event in the first quarter in which Lolo Encinas’s men were quick to react. Mario Delas was in charge of this, adding his first points backed by the direction of point guard Aitor Zubizarreta. In this way, Acunsa Gipuzkoa was able to assume command in the electronics to reach the break with a lead of 7 points (34-41).
Covirán Granada completely changed its face after passing through the changing rooms and that translated into a greater scoring flow with Lluis Costa assuming important shots. The best possible way to turn the score around and take advantage of a final stretch in which Acunsa Gipuzkoa did not give up. Thus, knowing how to wait for their moment, the people from San Sebastian surprised with a triple by Mallers that turned the score around six minutes from the end (64-66). A winning inertia that Covirán Granada could not stop against a rival whose pulse did not shake from 4.60 to certify the victory (71-75).
In the other match of the night, the one that closed out matchday 28, Paco García’s UEMC Real Valladolid was able to win away from home to prolong their good form. On this occasion, against an HLA Alicante that was already overtaken from the first bars by a rival that imposed a high rhythm of the game. A duel in which the people of Valladolid took command of a match practically sentenced to rest and in which the distribution of points to the visitors was the best news for their interests (57-78).
LEB GOLD LEAGUE – MATCHDAY 21:
– TAU Castelló vs. Unicaja Banco Oviedo (82-74) | MVP: F. Stutz – 22 val.
– CB Prat vs ICG Força Lleida (72-82) | MVP: M.Career – 30 val
– UEMC Real Valladolid vs Levitec Huesca (82-69) | MVP: A. Wintering – 33 val.
– CB Almansa with Afanion vs Bàsquet Girona (87-93) | MVP: M. Gasol – 31 val.
– HLA Alicante vs Movistar Students (75-98) | MVP: I. Stream – 28 val.
– Cáceres P. Humanity vs EasyCharger Palencia (70-87) | MVP: M. Speight – 24 val.
– Juaristi ISB vs. Melilla Sport Capital (67-77) | MVP: N. Rakocevic – 19 val.
– Palmer Mediterranean Soul vs. Leyma Coruña (91-88) | MVP: P. Figueras – 32 val.
– Covirán Granada vs. Acunsa Gipuzkoa (71-75) | MVP: D. Proleta – 22 val.
LEB GOLD LEAGUE – MATCHDAY 28:
– TAU Castelló vs Palmer AM Palma (103-98) | MVP: C. Hermanson – 24 val.
– ICG Força Lleida vs. Acunsa Gipuzkoa (96-84) | MVP: M. Carrera – 26 val.
– CB Prat vs CB Almansa with Afanion (85-88) | MVP: K. Bercy – 23 val.
– Unicaja Banco Oviedo vs Levitec Huesca (91-73) | MVP: K. Lundqvist – 29 val.
– Movistar Students vs. Covirán Granada (68-70) | MVP: K. Larsen – 17 val.
– Basketball Girona vs EasyCharger Palencia (89-72) | MVP: M. Gasol – 31 val.
– Juaristi ISB vs. Cáceres P. Humanity (53-75) | MVP: D. Dukan – 20 val.
– Melilla Sport Capital vs Leyma Coruna (72-80) | MVP: N. Rakocevic – 23 val.
– HLA Alicante vs UEMC Real Valladolid (57-78) | MVP: J. Pantzar – 21 val.