Postponed J.13: ICG Força Lleida separates Easycharger Palencia from the Cup prolonging its dream
Vibrant Wednesday night in a LEB Gold League that completed Day 13 with the triumphs of ICG Força Lleida and Leyma Coruña. Two teams that had to work hard to prevail in the final stages over EasyCharger Palencia and HLA Alicante, who did not give up until the final stages. Especially the group from Palencia who, with one up with 7 seconds to go, saw their rival score a winning basket from the hands of Albert Lafuente, thus depriving the Palencians of a cupbearer’s dream that lasted for the Lleida residents.
EasyCharger Palencia bids farewell to its chances of being able to be in the Princess of Asturias Cup and does so after falling to a direct rival such as ICG Força Lleida who prolonged the dream of both the dispute and its possible organization with a winning basket of Albert Lafuente on the horn.
It was not going to be easy for the ICG Força Lleida to be able to prevail in Palencia since the people from Lleida arrived in the city with two sensible casualties, that of their point guards Thomas Schreiner and Juani Marcos. A handicap that did not bother Gerard Finds’s team in the least, who was able to stand up to the physical demands of his rival from the start. Although the main problem, already on the field, came for them with the level of success of a Blumbergs who kept his team ahead during the first half with small incomes that seemed to invite optimism. Especially at the break when the +10 in the electronic seemed to herald a comfortable second half for Palencia. But far from it, ICG Força Lleida returned to the court with its best version to level the match again and take the clash to a toss-up. An ending in which the locals seemed to control the clash, but a missed free kick by Juan Rubio with 7 seconds to go and with +1 on the scoreboard left the team from Lleida one last chance. And there, captain Albert Lafuente did not fail to certify the victory. Thus, the EasyCharger Palencia said goodbye to a Princess Cup to which the ICG Força Lleida will continue to opt (62-63).
In the other match of the night, Riazor completed Matchday 13 with a new victory for a Leyma Coruña team that seems to be getting air again in the League. And that Pedro Llompart was determined to prevent it from the direction of an HLA Alicante who fought with all his might. Especially with the 29 points scored in the second quarter where Gonzalo García’s men showed muscle before reaching a second half in which Leyma showed physical potential to finish tipping the balance in their favor (75-61).
LEB GOLD LEAGUE – MATCHDAY 13:
– Covirán Granada vs. Juaristi ISB (84-68) | MVP: M. Niang – 25 val.
– Palmer Alma Mediterránea vs CB Almansa with Afanion (82-94) | MVP: A. Gydra – 26 val.
– Cáceres P. Humanity vs. TAU Castelló (77-68) | MVP: K. Edwards – 33 val.
– Levitec Huesca vs. Melilla Sport Capital (92-100) | MVP: D. Van Oostrum – 31 val.
– Unicaja Banco Oviedo vs Basketball Girona (46-80) | MVP: J. Sorolla – 24 val.
– Acunsa Gipuzkoa vs. Movistar Students (54-72) | MVP: M. Delas – 20 val.
– UEMC Real Valladolid vs CB Prat (71-95) | MVP: A. Parrado – 31 val.
– Leyma Coruña vs. HLA Alicante (75-61) | MVP: P. Llompart – 26 val.
– EasyCharger Palencia vs ICG Força Lleida (62-63) | MVP: R. Blumbergs – 29 val.