Today marks the first lost by Spain against a strong Lithuania, 57-65. After being up most of the game, Turkey came back to surprise Spain during the last game in the first round of the Eurobasket Championship. During the first 35 minutes Spain controlled the tempo a play, however during the stretch in the 4th period, foul trouble and without top player Pau Gasol it did not help the matter. Marc Gasol and Ibaka picked up the slack from Gasol however, it was not enough and Navarro did not shoot well from the field.
Turkey out-rebounded Spain 37-33.
Spain however finished first in Group A
Spain 57 (19-19-17-2)
Rudy (11), Ricky (0), Navarro (9), Calderón (5), Reyes (11), San Emeterio (0), Llull (0), Marc Gasol (12), Ibaka (9) y Sada (0).
Turkey 65 (10-25-14-16)
Guler (0), Preldzic (18), Onan (5), Ilyasova (6), Tunceri (0), Asik (12), Arslan (10), Kanter (2) y Turkoglu (12).
- Slovenia No Contest For Spain, Wins 86-64 To Reach Semifinals
- Epic Win For Spain Over Germany, 77-68
- Spain Keeps Rolling Over Friendly Game Competition – (96-59) Over Bulgaria
- Lithuania Gets Revenge Over Spain, 88-76 In Friendly Game Held In Lithuania
- Spain Fights Big for First Win Over Poland 83-78