The Spanish Basketball Federation celebrates yet another summer of great earned medals. The highest medal received was the Silver Medal in the 2012 London Olympics, earned by the Mens National Team in their lost to Team USA by only 7 points (100-107). Spain’s youth have tallied a few medals as well as 2 Gold Medals, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze.
Below is the Summer of Medals by Spain Basketball
- 2012 Olympic Men in London (Great Britain): Silver
- 2012 U20 European Championship Men in Ljubljana, Domzale, Kranjska Gora (Slovenia): Bronze
- 2012 U17 World Championship Women in Amsterdam (Netherlands): Silver
- 2012 U16 European Championship Women in Miskolc (Hungary): Gold
- 2012 U20 European Championship Women in Debrecen (Hungary): Gold
FIBA Europe has written an article praising the Spanish Basketball Federation and their dedication to the sport. Read full article here.