Spain got off to a good start during the first quarter as Team USA struggled to score after the first 3 point basket by Chris Paul. Spain defended the basket and the inside presence of Serge Ibaka, Spain was able to contain and maintain a lead by eigh points (48-40) to finish the first half. Carmelo Anthony led Team USA with 23 points while shooting 5-6 from behind the arc.
The second half was a different story for Spain, as they did not convert on the same baskets as in the first half. Ibaka could not finalize any shots in the second, and outside shooting did not go the way Spain wished. Team USA pulled away during the end of the 3rd quarter, despite zone defense of Spain. During the 4th quarter Team USA led by 20 points and final score 100-78.
Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 27 points and Lebron James added 25 points for Team USA.
Pau Gasol led Spain with 19 pts and Serge Ibaka scored 16pts which were made in the first half.
- Spain Loses To Team USA In a Respectable Olympic Finals 100-107
- Spain Crushes New Zealand In Second Coming After Loss 101-84
- Spain Win Bronze Medal 2010 Championships Over Belarus 77-68
- Spain Shocked Again In WC Loses To Lithuania 73-76
- Spain Pulls Away in 4th Quarter For First Win Over China 97-81