Postponed J.12: Zornotza ST falls in Larrea and gives Alega Cantabria the equation for the LEB Plata Cup
The night had started with Zornotza ST one win away from certifying their pass as organizer and with a total of three teams opting for the challenge from the Western Conference, but the defeat of the Basque team against Enerparking Navarra, together with the victory of the Alega Group Cantabria against Hereda Ourense ended up turning the great cup equation. In this way, David Mangas’ men could qualify in the event of victory in their last duel postponed from the first round where, a defeat, would send the Cup back to Amorebieta.
The classification of Zornotza ST as organizer of the LEB Plata Cup could have been seen for judgment, but EnerParking BNC signed a stellar end of the match to separate the Basques from victory and wink at a Grupo Alega Cantabria that will depend solely on of himself in his only postponed meeting.
They had to win in their fiefdom to be able to organize the final of the LEB Plata Cup and at Zornotza ST they were really close to it throughout a match that they dominated for a good number of minutes. But as the quarters progressed, their comfortable rents began to fall at the hands of an EnerParking Navarra that starred in a perfect last quarter. Because the people from Pamplona knew how to overcome the environmental pressure and Joe Cremo’s great game to be able to equalize the score through a whole rain of triples. In this way, the already former colista managed to get ahead to a last minute in which the instructions of Mikel Garitaonandia could not prevent the defeat (71-75).
In this way, the emotion traveled along the A-68 from the Basque lands and to a Vicente Trueba in which the Grupo Alega Cantabria had just beaten the Hereda Ourense through the stellar encounter of a Mirza Bulic that thus counteracted the losses of the team. Because of his hand, the locals were able to begin to break the clash throughout a second quarter that, in the end, was decisive for the final outcome of the match (69-56).
With these results, the postponed duel of the Grupo Alega Cantabria at home will be the one that determines whether the Cup Final falls on Torrelavega (in case of victory) or Amorebieta (in case of defeat).
LEB SILVER LEAGUE – MATCHDAY 12:
– CB Cornellá vs Gaudí Spare Parts CB Mollet (83-85) | MVP: M. Sese – 27 val.
– My Architect CB Benicarló vs Safir Fruits Alginet (71-56) | MVP: D. Cooper – 25 val.
– FC Cartagena vs Decolor F. Globalcaja La Roda (82-69) | MVP: S. Rodriguez – 23 val.
– Sant Antoni Ibiza vs. Herbalife Gran Canaria (93-65) | MVP: A. Haro – 19 val.
– El Ventero CBV vs. Hestia Menorca
– Valencia BC vs Real Canoe NC
– Bueno Arenas Albacete vs Zentro Basket
– Aquimisa Carbajosa vs. Reina Yogurt Clavijo (74-77) | MVP: B. Garcia – 24 val.
– CB Marbella vs. Melilla Sport Capital (61-81) | MVP: C. Poyatos – 29 val.
– Zamora Enamora vs Círculo Gijón Bto (92-88) | MVP: J. Solarin – 32 val.
– Tizona Burgos vs Damex UDEA Algeciras (92-60) | MVP: D. Cuevas – 35 worth.
– Clinica Ponferrada vs. CB Morón (56-72) | MVP: L. Parejo – 22 val.
– Zornotza ST vs Enerparking BNC (71-75) | MVP: J. Cream – 30 val.
– Group Alleges Cantabria vs. Hereda Ourense (69-56) | MVP: M. Bulic – 35 val.