Six years after their previous dispute on a trading floor, Spain and Montenegro meet again (9:00 pm, Teledeporte) in a EuroBasket knockout match. In 2015, in Budapest, the National Team went to the semifinals with a victory (75-74) resolved thanks to a 2 + 1 from Anna Cruz in the final seconds. Now, in La Fonteta, Spanish and Balkan women will fight for a place in the quarterfinals. Serbia awaits the winner.
In the EuroBasket of 2011 and 2013 both teams also saw each other with a distribution of triumphs. In Katowice the face went to Montenegro in the group stage, while the Women raised their arms in the second phase of EuroBasket 2013 in France.
A few days before their first official duel, Spain and Montenegro met for the first time in a friendly to prepare for the 2011 European Championship in Istanbul. Spain then added the first of its three triumphs to dominate the face-to-face 3-1 against the rival that takes precedence with the quarterfinals of this EuroBasket 2021 in Valencia.
1. Friendly 2011: Spain vs Montenegro (76-63)
2. EuroBasket 2011 (first phase): Spain vs Montenegro (57-66)
3. EuroBasket 2013 (second phase): Spain vs Montenegro (66-55)
4. EuroBasket 2015 (quarters): Spain vs Montenegro (75-74)
* In bold, victories of the National Team.