The Women’s National Team closes the group stage of this EuroBasket by facing Slovakia this Sunday (9:00 pm, Teledeporte). Regardless of the cabals facing the final classification in Group A, the match that will end the initial round of the tournament will be the reunion between the two countries six years after their previous duel.
On that occasion, the Women won in Sopron a long-suffering victory (82-81) in the first phase of EuroBasket 2015; leaving the balance against Slovakia in a favorable 5-2. The eighth match between the two countries will also be official, like all the previous ones.
The first time that the Women met the Central Europeans, it evokes the semifinal of the 1993 European Championship. A victory (73-55) that secured the first medal in the history of the Women’s National Team, which would end up winning gold in Perugia.
1. EuroBasket 1993 (semi-finals): Spain vs Slovakia (73-55)
2. 1998 World Cup (5th to 8th): Spain vs Slovakia (69-90)
3. EuroBasket 1995 (first phase): Spain vs Slovakia (66-72)
4. EuroBasket 2003 first phase): Spain vs Slovakia (71-47)
5. EuroBasket 2009 (1st phase): Spain vs Slovakia (71-54)
6. EuroBasket 2013 (second phase): Spain vs Slovakia (80-44)
7. EuroBasket 2015 (first phase): Spain vs Slovakia (82-81)
* In bold, victories of the National Team.