The XXIV edition of the Teledeportivos, the Berciano sport awards, recognized another successful season of Embutidos Pajariel Bembibre, which once again certified with some comfort the permanence in the Endesa Women’s League, the highest category of Spanish women’s basketball. The gala, presented by journalists Miguel Ángel Blanco and Francisco Roberto Otero, was organized by La 8 Bierzo of Radio Televisión Castilla y León (RTVCyL) and brought together the main sports exponents of the region and the main authorities at the Cat & Rest Restaurant in Ponferrada and personalities from politics, society and the business fabric of Bierzo.
The return to relative normality after overcoming the hardest phase of the health crisis allowed this meeting to be recovered after the last edition, for this reason, was somewhat decaffeinated. In a relaxed atmosphere while respecting health safety regulations, the jury once again valued the successful campaign of the Pajariel Bembibre Sausages and awarded its president, Amparo Villadangos, and her coach, Pepe Vázquez –he could not be present–, in the categories of best leader and best technical work respectively. Roselis Silva, a player for the Berciano team last season, was also nominated in the category of best basketball player.
After the toughest phase of the health crisis and within a certain stage of normality, the Teledeportivos awarded the most representative athletes of the region during the 2020-2021 season to make way for a new sports course that begins this Thursday, 1 of July. The tennis player María Suárez, champion of Castilla y León, was distinguished with the absolute prize of the gala, while the footballer Yuri de Souza, from Deportiva Ponferradina, and the former CD Ponferrada player Feli López were recognized for their extensive career in the football. Grassroots sport was also recognized and veteran Emilio Méndez received the special jury award for a long career in javelin throwing that has allowed him to garner many awards.
This is the list of winners:
– Aquona Award for the best grassroots team: CD Toni Sariol Alevín.
– Aquona Award for the best grassroots athlete: Daniela Domínguez, Spanish weightlifting champion.
– Your Vision Award to the revelation team / athlete: Previley-Conforma-Atra Sport LPS Forestal, cycling team.
– Tecson Award for the best technical work: Pepe Vázquez, from Embutidos Pajariel Bembibre.
– Cosmos Award for the best managerial work: Amparo Villadangos, from Embutidos Pajariel Bembibre.
– Caja Rural Award for the best athlete: Manuel Merillas.
– Fine Award for the best organizational work: Regional Roller Hockey Sector.
– Cat & Rest Award for the best basketball player: Pablo Hernández, player at Cat & Rest Clínica Ponferrada CdP.
– Gadis Award for the best soccer player: Óscar Sielva, from the Ponferradina Sports Society.
– Herrero Brigantina Award for the best Deportiva Ponferradina goal: Paris Adot to Rayo Vallecano on the 3rd matchday.
– Edigroup Francisco Cabo Award for sports values: Atlético Tordesillas for his gesture with an injured Atlético Bembibre player.
– Regional Council Award for sports career: Feli López, former CD Ponferrada player.
– Recognition and tribute to Yuri de Souza, Deportiva Ponferradina player, for his figures and records within the club.
– Leon Provincial Council special award from the jury: Emilio Méndez, competitor in javelin throw.
– Ponferrada City Council Award for the best absolute athlete: María Suárez, tennis player.