LThe Fotis Katsikaris team defeat a combative UCAM Murcia and transmit pleasant feelings at this point in the preseason. Victory suffered and with less brilliance than against Real Madrid, but that serves to draw positive conclusions

Unicaja confirmed that his great image against Real Madrid was not an oasis. It is true that he had to pull his trade and courage because the Murcians never stopped fighting. A first quarter with alternation on the scoreboard, with high intensity on the part of both teams but Fotis’s were more solid. Great success in the outside shot with a Bouteille who led the composer attack while Sadiel Rojas kept the visiting team in the game. Quality minutes for a Yanick Nzosa who left a mate for the poster of the night. End of quarter with (21-15).

A Jaime Fernández bomb opened the second period and Unicaja tried to detach from the game. Maximum income for those from Fotis (24-17). Good minutes from Francis Alonso who answered Taylor’s basket (26-19). Those of Sito Alonso were entrusted to Jordan Davies. A 2 + 1 straight line and Murcia did not give up (26-22). Two free throws by Francis Alonso continued to allow the Malagueños to live ahead, who were beginning to have offensive problems (28-22). A 3 + 1 by Isiah Taylor left Murcia close to the scoreboard (28-26) and the run run at Carpena. At 03:17 and with (34-30) Bouteille returned and Unicaja remained stuck.

In fact he did not score and UCAM Murcia took advantage of it to get ahead on the scoreboard. A partial 0-5 from Murcia forced Fotis to request a time-out. The composer team came out plugged in and four consecutive points from Abromaitis cut the bleeding. Final exchange of baskets and a UCAM Murcia that was caught alive at the end of the second quarter (38-35)

An aggressive start by UCAM Murcia after the return of the changing rooms put him back in command. Partial of (0-5) and those of Sito Alonso commanded again in the clash (38-40). Minutes of comings and goings on the scoreboard until a triple by Abromaitis made Fotis’s men take off slightly (43-42). Unicaja took advantage of that moment and Brizuela smelled blood. Triple for the San Sebastian and the Malaga team improved their game (46-42). UCAM calmed the nerves and reduced distances while Unicaja began to be misguided in the shot (47-46).

The typesetter defense could not defend Taylor, the best of Murcia today. At 3:48 the score was again tied (49-49). Exchange of errors and inaccuracies slowed the pace. Unicaja kept the Pyrrhic income on the scoreboard and the fourth ended with a basket to Cole’s board on the horn (55-51)

UCAM Murcia refused to hand over the spoon. Partial 2-6 to equalize the score again (57-57). Errors by both teams and doubts in the two baskets made the game come with five minutes remaining in a fist (62-61). Two free throws by Taylor who got 15 points on his private account left Murcia ahead (62-63) but Eric responded with a spectacular alley-oop (64-63).

The moment of truth arrived and Brizuela appeared there. The Navarrese guard achieved a 2 + 1 and left Unicaja with a (69-64) in less than three minutes. The Unicaja did not close the shock and those of Sito Alonso pressed. End of heart attack and suspense. A triple by Davis put the duel in a fist (70-68) but a basket in the absence of 28 seconds from Norris Cole sealed the clash (72-68) for the Malaga players. A free kick from Lima and another from Brizuela were of little use for a match that was ready for judgment with the final score of (73-69). The title stays in Malaga.

Data sheet:

73 – Unicaja (22 + 16 + 17 + 18): Cole (10), Brizuela (11), Bouteille (8), Abromaitis (10), Eric (18) -the starting five- Jaime Fernández (14), Alonso (4), Guerrero (2), Nzosa (4), Barreiro (4), Vicedo (0)

69 – UCAM Murcia (17 + 8 + 16 + 18): Webb III (1), McFadden (4) Bellas (3), Emanuel Cate (4), Sadiel Rojas (9) -the starting quintet-. Davis (10), Malmanis (3), Radovic (3), Taylor (16), Czerapowicz (7), Vasileiadis (3), Lima (7).

Referees: Daniel Hierrezuelo, Antonio Rafael Conde and Alberto Sánchez Sixto.

Incidents: friendly match of the Costa del Sol Tournament, played at the José María Martín Carpena Pavilion in front of 1,400 spectators.